themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Friday, October 07, 2005

Ear-Popping Radio


So I have chronic ethmoid sinusitis. Bummer. The bridge of my nose constantly hurts and so it’s hard for me to wear my glasses. My ears, when a decongestant finally takes effect, pop like I just got off a plane. When the doctors look in my ears they tell me they see bubbles! That’s a lot of mucus! Some sinus infections can prove fatal while others can cause blindness. Scary thoughts, but I don’t have those kinds it seems. I got prescribed Nasonex spray and Zithromax antibiotics- $50! I’m bummed about that!

On the plus side, I seem to have come out of a fog of depression I was in yesterday evening. It was weird, I got home and I started to pray but I was very sad and not only that- super anxious. There’s just a lot going on. Money problems and health problems and worrying about family, etc!

One cool thing is I started to listen to Internet radio again. I don’t know why I stopped. Here at work it’s pretty great- I can listen all day and pause it when I leave my desk. I gave up buying CDs a long time ago- it’s too costly to get everything I want. I’m obsessive-compulsive so it’s all-or-nothing for me. I get really frazzled when I’m into something and I can’t get it. Sometimes I’ll buy a bunch of books at once as if the world is running out of books and it’s my last chance to buy. That’s just how I am. So with CDs it was a constant source of pain. At least with the Internet radio I can listen to favorites as well as new stuff (experiment) and it’s just wonderful. And lots of times I will fall in love with an artist or a song but eventually I forget about it so it doesn’t gnaw at me and make me crazy. I think that’s why I stopped listening for months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home