themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Best Policy?

Tempation is a part of life, like the old 80s freestyle song says. Well, it sure is! I was a little tempted recently to attend the gym for free for at least as long as they remained unaware that my membership was expired. What happened is that two weeks ago, when I decided to go back, I walked in with my membership card (I had called ahead and they said it was okay to work out and then decide if I wanted to renew but I didn't give a name or anything and the call was made one or two days before I actually went there) and it didn't scan (because it's expired) but the person behind the front desk just waved me in while muttering something about my card. I worked out and left, having decided to renew online. Unable to do so, however, I waited a couple of weeks (because my anemia prevented me from wanting to go back) then went again today. Well, the same thing happened. That's when I knew I could apparently keep doing this forever and not have to pay a membership fee ever again. Needless to say after my workout (I didn't want to waste time lest I lose heart again), I went to the front and declared, "I need to renew my membership." Ninety-six dollars later, I am poorer in monetary assets but richer in spirit.

On another note, my prayer blog is a bust. I hope it picks up! I joined my church's prayer ministry and it's been really great praying for others on a regular basis. We're supposed to do that but unless you have something specific to pray about it makes it downright hard. This way I know to pray for so-and-so's heart surgery or whosit's job prospects.

Even though I have about two more weeks before Don Quixote is due back at the library, I decided to buy it used at Amazon and I got a two-cent copy. It's underlined and highlighted so I'm assuming someone read it for a college class. Doesn't anyone read exciting classics like this for pleasure?

I haven't finished it (have about 600 more pages to go) because I work, eat, sleep, watch TV, go to church, read the Bible, try to do things recreationally, clean, watch Netflix and all of that comes first before picking up the book and reading it. At this rate it's going to take like 10 years. But I'll finish it, I will!

In two weeks I shall be going to Arizona for a church conference. I am going by chartered "luxury" bus. (It's air-conditioned, has bathrooms and they play DVDs.) I am staying in what appears from the website photos to be a nice hotel and I decided to just take shorts. They're not short-shorts, mind you, they are all to the knees. But I have four new ones I got really cheap on sale ($5) and in a variety of colors. One is plaid (-ish) colored white, pink, light blue and black. Another has vertical stripes in beige and gray-blue. Another is also plaid (-ish) in yellow, orange and light brown. And one is filing-cabinet gray. I also have new summer tops! Now I need heels. Well, more heels. I also need prayers about not blowing my whole bonus on this and keeping it in my savings account. Actually, I have a new bank account as my current bank is going under. I opened one online. Well, gotta jet. I saw a cute pair of shoes I want to get!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger RV3 said…

    Did you buy those cute pair of shoes?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home