themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Universal Language

I have to pack. This means I also have to do laundry. Though my trip will be only 2 nights and 2 days, I have to take into account that I usually make about three wardrobe changes per day. I do have all those nice new knee-length shorts and I did buy a new dress to go with the shoes (from the picture).

I feel kind of depressed right now and I don't know why. I mean, I've always known music affects us and that certian chords are depressing (whereas some make you feel like marching out to war, etc.) and this is why I think it would be interesting to participate in a university study which tracks what happens when we listen to music, especially when we feel we are having a spiritual reaction to the music. This study actually involves having an MRI done while listening to music.

The music I was listening to right now isn't the type that would motivate me spiritually and it is almost the opposite. It just takes me back to a world I don't feel I belong in anymore, like a past life I can't get back to. It's sad because it's still there. It's not like it'll go away, I just have to constantly make these decisions to be different. Sometimes it's tiring. But the battle is exhilirating! The strength I get from being at my weakest is formidable! This is what I'd like to see tracked on the MRI. I think this will be so interesting (if I get picked for the study). I'll keep you posted!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Kathy said…

    The Soundtrack from Strictly Ballroom always energizes me.

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger waldocarmona said…

    just when I think i'm in the dumper or life is shitty, along comes a Van Halen song on KLOS or JACK FM.

    Thank God for Van Halen!

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger RV3 said…

    Just what were you listening to???


    There is certain music that I cannot listen without eventually becoming nostalgic about a certain someone, time, or place....

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    Why should I answer? You'll just forget the question!

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger lucy4 said…

    I think she was listening to "Full of Sin" by Slamhound. Oh yeah, did I tell you I found a site that had their unreleased album and I downloaded it. Good times.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    That and their ode to cocaine, "Suger Don't Knock On My Door". Of course the one that always brought the house down was "Corrupt Me". Aww, I miss Eric Essex!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home