themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ripped Off and Ticked Off

The mechanic I’ve been taking my car to keeps telling me that I need to take better care of my car and do maintenance on it because the transmission is going to give out due to it not having been serviced. That ticks me off! I spent $200 on transmission services in February! So that means I was ripped off. Can you believe it? Mechanics always rip off women. I hate them.
Anyway, the car may live to see maybe one more year of service to me or it may need a new transmission but hopefully I can spend a year saving up for a newer car. And hopefully I can win the lottery during said year. Or bag a rich guy. Or write a bestseller. Yeah, right. I guess I can at least, you know, prepare mentally for a whole year to take the bus. In the meanwhile it’s party time!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Kathy said…

    So is it your car or the machanic?

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    The guy I took it to in February is a different guy than the one I've been going to lately. But I'm still not sure who to trust.

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    Probably the car, here in L.A.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home