themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

So Much for My Contribution to Science

There's a questionnaire you have to fill out before you can participate in the study and I'm afraid I won't pass muster. They only allow for two possibilities when it comes to spiritual experiences brought about by music: A. A feeling of being one with God or B. The feeling of awareness of God's unity with all things. I don't feel that way at all! To me, God is completely separate as a Being from not only all things including animals and people and of course inanimate objects but also He is not "one with" me either. I was given the Holy Spirit and He lives in me but that isn't the same. He is also completely different from me. Anyway, because of these beliefs I don't think they will ask me to participate in the interesting portion of the study- the MRI.

As for what I was listening to yesterday- it wasn't even anything I've ever really heard before but for some reason it evoked a feeling, a reminder, that I am supposed to be different.

Actually, there's a song that whenever I hear now, I am reminded for some odd reason....Well, never mind. I don't think I'll go into it. It's nothing terribly bad (or is it?)- it's just two people dancing.

I just watched a movie that had wonderful depictions of what looked like very tasty dishes and it reminded me of "Waitress", a movie which I found delightful and also featured food prominently. Only in "Waitress" the foodstuff was all pies. Rafael tried to get me to admit that I found the affair between the main character and her doctor "hot" but he had to laugh (cackle, really, but it's very charming on him) when I said, "Nah. You know heteros don't do it for me anymore."

2 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    On a much sadder note, Estelle Getty, who played Sophia Petrillo on "The Golden Girls"- a show I love and watch twice, sometimes 4 times daily- has passed away three days shy of her 85th birthday. Thank you for being a friend, Estelle!

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    I watch "The Golden Girls" every day on my lunch break & right now they put up a picture of her that says, "Lifetime remembers Estelle Getty, 1923-2008". It brought tears to my eyes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home