themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Thursday, October 20, 2005

News

The bus ride was actually very pleasant yesterday. The weather was beautiful and the ride didn't seem that long. What I hate about not having a car and taking the bus is that my workplace is not located in a convenient area for public transportation. We used to be housed near the bus station and so I could take this one bus route that is speedy and reliable. Now, I have to catch a bus that takes a whole hour to get me here though by car it's only half that. Also, if you miss the bus by some chance, that bus comes once an hour so you're looking at losing a whole two hours of work!

Finally, being continually sick from the mold in my house if the weather's bad, it's more than a pain to be on the bus- it's bad for my bad health.

Luckily I might get a car from my best friend. She's thinking (or her husband is) of selling her Honda and I'll be the first to know if she decides to sell. It sounds like a good and reliable little car to have for at least one or two years until I have all my credit cards paid off (it's about 12 more months to go now) as well as a loan from a good friend and that will free up enough money for a monthly car payment (for a brand-new car!) and full-coverage insurance.

Next is going to my old college to officially change my birthdate with them (long story) and thus ensuring when I enroll in an online school I will not run into problems with them getting together my credits I've already earned. I think pretty soon I'll at least have an AA and can then get a better-paying job and start fixing up the house so we can refinance. Once that's been taken care of and I know my mom will be okay, I can split. I'm sure I'll have to live with roommates but that's okay. And once I'm out of that moldy house I'm sure my health will improve as well!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Chico Maivia said…

    Well huzzah, huzzah.
    I'm hoping to get a job soon, or else it's off to the overpass with a sign that says "WILL DROP PANTS FOR $$$"

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger waldocarmona said…

    don't count on it, there's plenty of things to ruin your health in L.A. starting with the smog. Did you hear they burned down smurf village? read my blog

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    I knew that a while ago- I saw it on "Best Week Ever".

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Chico Maivia said…

    I could give you a coupon or something!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home