themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Sunday, August 03, 2008

One Sunday in August

Today I had to get up and get ready (though I'm not feeling well) and get over to church, not for the usual worship service but because as a member of the prayer ministry I had been given the task of praying throughout the entire worship service for the worhsip service. Anyway, I had put on a nice, glamourous outfit complete with heels but decided at the last moment to scrap that and go with something loose and comfortabole. I even wore sneakers! That is so not me. But the praying was awesome! It was one of those times (and it usually only happens to me when I'm praying with others, which I was) when I feel tingly and see a white light when I close my eyes. I'm not trying to convince anyone of something supernatural, and it might even sound a little New Age-y but honestly, that's what happened. Since we were praying for a very long time, I actually felt like soft clay or like liquid at the end. Luckily, my car got me there and back. I'm waiting for it to die on me again because that's what the mechanic said- that he can't do anything right now because four codes came up on the diagnostic. I had to pray that it wasn't something expensive!

Tomorrow I must get all dolled up, after all, though I managed to avoid it today. The reason is that it's our monthly staff meeting at work and I'm actually "in charge" of things that normally my supervisor would have done because she is out recovering from surgery.

Today a woman came up to me after service who I had served with at our Kingdom Kids class a couple of Thursdays ago (the Sunday class is much more organized and the kids actually get a lesson but at Midweek services we act more as babysitters) and she said someone at church is writing a children's book and would I illustrate it? I said, "Sure!" and I'm pretty excited about it. It's going to be a book with Scriptures and I had just prayed during the service that we all got to use our talents for God. I didn't know it would be answered so quickly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home