themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Trying to Be Driven

Initial trauma of taking the bus over. Yesterday, bus driver did not see me as street very dark at 6:00 AM and I had to step out onto street waving open (lit up) phone frantically. Got yelled at by bus driver. She then got lost. Found out today she was a sub. Today’s driver is normal driver but he almost didn’t see me either. But I was prepared- had flashlight that I shone under chin like people around campfires telling ghost stories. Driver got me to work extra early.

Starting to like running for bus and running to work in morning after getting off bus. But today as I ran across street light turned red and heard frantic honking. Kept running. It was co-worker who in next block pulled up next to me and gave me lift. Liked service but hated not being able to run all the way- invigorating! Bad for shoes, though.

Sympathetic married friend said “F*** Valentine’s Day!” when I told him I agree with Bridget Jones who thinks world is conspiring against singles but I think sympathetic married friend full of crap as he probably will get wife something nice for said day or face wrath. Nice try, though. Thanks for caring.

Have to rethink physical therapist career after good advice from nurse friend Walter. Should have taken job at clinic when had the chance even though job paid same as school. Eventually would have gotten raise and may have been trained as medical assistant or physical therapy assistant, learned new computer programs, and job was less than mile away. Could have saved on gas and now that car’s dead could have carpooled as job only ten blocks away. Next time will listen to self and take own advice.

It’s down to the wire and I don’t have costume for Halloween. May have to be alien girl yet again. Shoot!

9 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Chico Maivia said…

    What's with all the shortened sentences? I feel like I'm reading a cavewoman's blog.

    "WORK BAD! BUS BAD!...FRIENDS, GOOD!...

    ...Fire bad. Fire bad!"

    Anyway... you should fix your car soon, if you can. Otherwise, we might end up having to shell out cash to the man again.

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    The short sentences are meant to give it a diary feel. I'm reading Bridget Jones' Diary right now.

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Chico Maivia said…

    Who writes in their diaries with broken, unintelligible sentences? Apparently, Bridget Jones does.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    So did Adrian Mole, aged 13 3/4 (another classic British diary book and one of my all-time favorite books).

    "Dog swallowed toy soldier. Father locked dog in shed. If someone reports us, we could get done!"

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    I blame FEMA for your problems. The short and incomplete sentences and the broken down car.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger RV3 said…

    Some of us haven't seen your alien girl costume... Have we? so it's alright if you don it again. You could put a new twist to it, even...
    Pretend you are in NYC or Paris or San Francisco when riding the bus... I sometimes do! ;-)

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Chico Maivia said…

    This is the same thing as that friggin' cow outfit... *sighs*

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    HUH??? What about the cow outfit?

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger waldocarmona said…

    My initial reaction at reading your blog entry was also, "what the heck?"
    I felt like I was reading Hulk's diary that is on the internet again. BTW I am trying to negotiate a deal with Hulk to be a guest blogger for C.E.& M.&W.I.T. but his agent is turning out to be a tough nut to crack.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home