themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday Morning Date

I had it all planned out.

I was going to get up early and go on another date with God. Unfortunately, I didn't count on not having a car. Earlier in the week, I had to have AAA tow away my car from work. A new starter was put in and I got the car back on Friday. No sooner did I have it back than the car started acting up again. It started and all, but it didn't want to accelarate at all after I was stopped at red lights and stop signs. So I drove it back to the mechanic. This morning he told me it was my alternator. So I'm out almost $400 altogether- $162 for the starter (parts & labor) and $180 for the alternator (parts & labor).

Anyway, I went to the post office because even though I tried to file my taxes 3 times already, I haven't been successful. I finally got a hold of someone from the IRS who recognized that this was so but she told me that I still had to fill out another 1040 and send it in to them. Which I did- today.

So then I walked to the neighborhood Chinese Food & Donut Shop and had my date there. I tried to get prettied up despite the circumstances and I didn't even wear flats though I was hoofing it. I wore wedge sandals.

Here's some pictures since all of you like to post pics:

and also:


I tried to include Him in the pictures, as you can see...but you know...He's invisible.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger RV3 said…

    Mmmhhm!!! He's invisible alright! He's always spying me and watching me. But never shows his face to us....

    ;-)

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    I forgot to mention that in preparation, I said, "God- which book should I take with me?" and I chose "Prophets" and when choosing a Bible I grabbed one that ended up being "coincidently" the very translation that the author uses in this book! I didn't know that, I have not read this book. And if you think there was a big chance I would take the Bible I chose, you'd be wrong because I have like 15 translations of the Bible and some are small enough for a purse & I took a big one.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    Blessed are the pure in heart
    for they will see God.-

    Matthew 5:8 (my favorite Scripture)

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger lucy4 said…

    Is he invisible or is he everywhere?

    We just got Sean baptized yesterday. Turns out our marriage is not recognized because it was in a church but not a Catholic church. We had to promise to do that when we get back to Austin. Then again I think I also promised to take Sean to church on a regular basis too. The baptism was a good experience though it will be hard to convince me that my precious little boy was born with original sin or any sins at all. Maybe that's what Slamhound meant when they said we are full of sin.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    I don't believe children are born with sin....there isn't anything in the Bible about that at all. I think the youngest people that get baptized at our church is like 12- you have to make a real decision about sin and following Jesus. I bet Sean looked cute, though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home