themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Spoiled Rotten

Ok, what the??? Do modern-day kids have ANY boundaries? One of our teacher’s aides just had her teenage daughter come here saying she needed to see her, that it was “an emergency”. When the aide came in she (the daughter) started bawling here in the office so her mom quickly ushered her into the principal’s office (this is a very small school).

I hear all this sobbing and bawling and think at the very least she’s been mugged or in a car accident, or worse, she’s been sexually assaulted. But no. Her boyfriend dumped her! For this she comes to interrupt her mother AT WORK????
Luckily the principal has five daughters and is somewhat sympathetic to the plights of women, but still. The whole thing is ridiculous. It would never have even crossed my mind to go to my mom’s place of work for something like that and now that she’s done it, I think the mom should tell her to suck it up and go home and they’ll talk then. My mom loves me but that's what she would have done otherwise she'd risk losing her job and taking care of us financially would have been a bigger priority than mending my broken heart that very second. Call me a jerk but that’s how I see it. Kids are so spoiled these days!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Chico Maivia said…

    It's not the kids--it's the parents. Parents who let their kids do whatever they want, and don't teach them about discipline, responsibility, or morals. Blame them, not their kids. Even though sometimes, their kids aren't that great, either.

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    That's what I mean- the kids are "spoiled" implying someone spoiled them, i.e. their parents. They don't do them any favors.

    By the way, Nick got a job- good show!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    I think it's o.k. to interrupt a mom on the job. As long as the kid know she might have to wait a few minutes for an appropriate and convenient time for mom to step out, what's the harm?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home