themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Friday, November 04, 2005

BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlegh!

Just skimmed over some reviews of the Bridget Jones's Diary sequel Edge of Reason and saw that Amazon readers loved it. It's pretty good so far but it made me think of Adrian Mole, aged 13 3/4, the first Brit whose diary I ever read. This was back in the early 80s and is a classic! So I wrote a review for it, telling readers it's "As Good As Bridget Jones". Unfortunately, the sequels to that book suck and I couldn't even finish the last one (book four). But the first is a masterpiece.

I realized as I read one of the reviews that what we write in our diaries is not even really "us" since we're just putting down our thoughts as we feel them and can easily change our minds as we work through our neuroses. I guess my blog is like that so you guys get the brunt of all my wackiness. Although, I must be honest and say this ain't even the half of it! You'd really think men with butterfly nets should be chasing me if I really let loose.

Thanks to all who have been helpful with that. My sounding boards! What would I do without you? (Especially those who are very busy yet managed to email me daily). Hugs and kisses my pretties!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Chico Maivia said…

    Hey, my insanity is one hundred percent vintage, and it's genuine, and it's up online for all to see. So speak for yourself, crazy lady.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home