themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Sunday

The neighbor's house is painted in an all-new color now. She died last December and I guess her children are getting ready to sell. I hope we get nice neighbors- she was nice. She died of lung cancer though she didn't smoke.

(I just heard a terrible noise outside. I think it might be a possum. I haven't seen the possum in a long while but I hear it. At least I'm almost 100% sure that's what I've heard- a weird shrieking noise like a banshee. Or a pterodactyl. But it sounded like it was attacking something- maybe a cat. Hermes and Mikey are okay, though.)

I have a date on Sunday. After church. I met him a while back and I don't even really remember him very well. For some reason I am not excited though. I think I gave up hope a long time ago and I am just trying really hard to figure things out as far as a future- a future on my own. I don't want to figure a man into it because it likely won't happen so I have to be wise. Although the future isn't guaranteed for anyone, married or single, dating or committed. I could mysteriously get lung cancer like my neighbor. Not that I'm morbid or think that way. I actually have a little bit of hope about the future. That is, I can either think it'll be more of the same and at least concentrate on the good things I have or I can dream that things will get very exciting and I'll be doing something worthwhile. Time will tell!

I have to be honest, though. I really don't expect romance to happen to me but it's obviously something I crave because I keep having dreams where I am with someone. That is, I meet someone or I am already with someone and it seems to be that comfortable feeling of being loved and accepted. Last night it happened. As per usual I could not see a distinguishable face. He was just large enough to wrap a big arm around me as we sat outside and had rain fall over us. We were among a group of people and they were people I knew but he, of course, was a Mystery Man, though in the dream of course he was not. He was as familiar as a best friend.

Yes, I know, I'm pathetic. Should stop reading chick lit, watching Friends and not tune into We whenever they show "Dirty Dancing", which is every week.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    How was the date?

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    It's on Sunday after church services.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger waldocarmona said…

    I have dreams about girls too, usually they resemble people I have known in the past and sometimes they are faceless too. I think it's normal for people who are single and have no one to have these kinds of dreams, as I am sure couples dream about their partners or boyfriend and girlfriends. Why in the heck does WE run "Dirty Dancing" so much? FX used to run "Die Hard" every week it seemed.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger RV3 said…

    Girl, quit calling yourself pathetic. You are great!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home