themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Monday, November 28, 2005

Nun for me, thanks!

A friend of mine was asking me last night if I would ever feel tempted to date someone outside my faith or even more so, would it be such a terrible thing if I slept with someone. So the topic was temptation. Well let me just say, forget about that! The real test was going to 7-11 this morning and realizing they had re-stocked (finally!) on Rum Raisin ice cream. All self-control flew out the window (not only are the calories heinous but the price breaks my budget!) and I could not wait to run off into the fresh crisp morning with my favorite lover. And that first spoonful…yowza!
As for the other thing, my mother feels it was a mistake for me to change my childhood faith of Catholicism because she feels my true vocation was to be a nun. Maybe it’s the rum talking but I am not quite that ready to throw in the towel!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger RV3 said…

    I am easily tempted by almost anything... I have been working for the last few years on learning how to say, "No!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home