themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A Toast To...

Voted yesterday. I know someone who does not like to vote in person and always sends in an absentee ballot. He said polling places are a mess—usually someone’s garage. I went to a junior high school library.

Co-workers and I going out tomorrow. We’ve all fallen on hard luck lately and decided- WE NEED A DRINK. So we’re going someplace after work. I’m soooo glad as I’ve wanted a drink forever but have no one to go with. I mean, I have booze at home but I don’t touch it ‘cause drinking alone is so lame. I have lots of wine, I have scotch and the makings of gin and tonics and martinis. But that’s just not cool by yourself. So tomorrow will be such a release. A nice drinky-drink after a tough week (we’re off on Friday) will be great. Unfortunately I have church later in the evening so hopefully I won’t smell all boozy. I shouldn’t as I don’t drink more than 2 drinks. And thinking about it I should only have one.
Actually I’m not too excited about it anymore as I have gone back to vitamins, minerals and herbs. So I feel pretty good most of the time anyway, without alcohol and its accompanying guilt. The only thing really bugging me right now is not having a baby. I have hit that point where I want to have a baby…NOW. The cats don’t cut it anymore. Especially that ingrate Hermes! Mikey is a much better pet but he’s a little TOO clingy. Like a dog, that one. Dogs follow their masters around and pant and beg and as they show in that Jumbone commercial (“dogs rule”. Right.) they wait outside your shower. I thought that was creepy. If a man followed me around and waited outside my shower I would call the cops. Well, Mikey does that—like a freaking undignified dog! He needs some feline attitude fast.

12 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    Indiana, though? (Sorry Dan, if you're reading this, which I highly doubt.)

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger waldocarmona said…

    I want to have a baby too, but not the biological flesh and blood kind, (must be a lady thing) I want a literary baby, and one which hopefully leads to many siblings.

    I don't like Mikey.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger RV3 said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger RV3 said…

    I am so proud of you for voting. That is basically the reason why I decided to become a U.S. citizen after years as a "permanent legal alien," I wanted to vote, damn it!!! We work like everyone else. Pay taxes. When I was younger, I could have been drafted to fight in a war. But i couldn't vote!
    Now I enjoy voting all the time. And the fact that most everyone I vote for doesn't win, does not stop me from hitting the polls. Voting is a cool, responsible thing to do. I also like my Amercian passport...

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger waldocarmona said…

    Nobody ever cool runs for office anymore, like in "Ex Machina" where the mayor of New York, a retired superhero fights the system and also fights the bad guys. Isn't it cool how I can almost manage to get either Buffy or superheroes into any serious conversation?

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger RV3 said…

    H17, Do you ever not think about about Buffy or superheroes? Real life? Just wondering...f

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger waldocarmona said…

    Only during the 3-9 hours a week I spend watching football, then I think about how terrible our secondary is and how we could contend for the Super Bowl if we had a better defense. Doesn't that count as RL?

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger waldocarmona said…

    Oh BTW, I might add that I can hardly be faulted for allowing the comics to interfere with my perception of real life. Spiderman has some sort of disease and his greatest enemy to date, an engaging mythological fiend who beat him senseless last time out is back for blood, the JLA has disbanded (again but with more disastrous results) and that's just DC and Marvel, when the writing is so engagin these days, it's a fanboy's dream, I suppose it's like a good tight Oscar race for you.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    Maybe you should write a comic in which I, the star, am successful, married and have children. I'll illustrate. (And no, I won't have Jesus as a "sidekick" like in that one blasphemous comic you reviewed. He's LORD!)

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger waldocarmona said…

    Will it be called "Superwench the husband hunter" and your sidekicks will be Hermes the cat and Mickey his annoying understudy

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger waldocarmona said…

    I mean Mikey (sorry typo)

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    What about Mr. Del Cueto from Virgil Junior High?

    Sadly, I always pick up at Akbar. Sadly because I am not a gay male. Why oh why must gay men be the only men interested in me?????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home