themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Monday, November 07, 2005

Craig and Manny

Confession time: I watched "Dirty Dancing" on WE again. Actually, I never watch the whole movie but every time I channel-surf and see that it's on, I must tune in and out of it and must especially watch the last scene in which Patrick Swayze comes in (as Johnny of course) and says to Jerry Orbach (not Lenny), "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." And then they go do that dance- with the lift! Yes, "I've had the time of my life."

I was watching that and the finale of "My Fair Brady" (though did not watch the whole season) and missed ending (did Peter Brady propose to wild model Adrian?) in order to watch final "Dirty Dancing" scene.

I also kept wanting to watch the last scene of the latest "Degrassi The Next Generation" episode which aired on Friday and was repeated all weekend. In the last scene Craig goes over to Emma's house to see Manny, who is sitting out on the steps in her long nightshirt and slippers. She apologizes for ruining his gig. (His band played at a wedding and he'd invited her along to "help" which didn't go over well with the female drummer who had developed feelings for Craig and ended up chucking a drumstick at Manny and walking out on the gig.) He says he had an alterior motive for inviting her- "Ever since that video came out"- (the one of Manny taking her top off when she was drunk which was e-mailed to everyone at Degrassi)- "things have sucked for you. I wanted to cheer you up." He goes on to say that he wished he'd been there the night the video was taped. At first I thought that was some horny teenage boy reference but actually he said, "So I could have stopped that jerk. Is that bad?" Manny says, no. She likes the idea of him being her protector. So he says, "What are friends for?" And I'm thinking, Yeah. Especially friends who get you pregnant. Love those! And they kiss.

Next week spurned female drummer goes after guy in wheelchair with girlfriend. Do they not know who to pair her up with? When she first came on the show she was in love with Marco...who turned out to be gay. Then she went out with bad boy Sean...who shacked up with her only to go back home to his estranged parents. Then they had her help Craig out with his mental illness (since she's a "cutter" and has experience doing weird mental crap) and he says he thinks of her as "his really good friend". Ouch. And you know the rest- Craig. Manny. Kissing. Another unwanted pregnancy? Hopefully they have learned their lesson. But apparently queen overachiever nerd Liberty did not and now her life is ruined, considering what a control-freak she is. She's keeping the baby. I'm not sure there are any virgins left on the show. What do they put in the water up there in Canada?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home