themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Monday, October 06, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday, the world got a little darker.

Yesterday, one of the most special people to ever live departed this world.

Yesterday, a woman who helped raise me and a lot of other people who benefitted from her pure love, died at age 93.

She was unmarried and had no physical children. Though she died a virgin she actually had several "children", me included.

I couldn't do her justice by attempting to write about her. There is nothing I can really say to illustrate how bright her light shined. I just know she taught me about selfless love, about kindness and gentleness, about charity and her convictions about serving and worshipping God have shaped my own spirituality.

Yesterday I lost a piece of my soul by the name of Aura Estella "Estelita" Santos.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home