themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Back Again

Just got back from Arizona. I had a really good time and just as I predicted, it was very hard to say goodbye to Nathan.

For anyone who does not know the story, he's someone I met at our church's Singles retreat this year. We had it in Arizona this time. He has lived there most of his life, though he was born in Japan due to his dad being in the Air Force and he also lived in other parts of the country briefly. His grandmother is Hawaiian but he's never been there. He's a very quiet and reserved person. I don't mind.

We don't really have a great deal in common but as I told one of his friends this weekend (one of the women I stayed with), I realized that it was silly to look for someone exactly like myself. I said, "Do I really love myself that much that I need to be with someone exactly like me?" I've learned a lot from Nathan. Of course, though I just finished typing about "being with someone" I am in no way implying that we are some kind of item. We are still just friends. That's actually okay. No matter what happens I am just quite glad and very honored to have met him and become his friend. He's certainly one of the kindest people I've ever met. And I found out this weekend that he's very loved and appreciated by a lot of people! They all kept telling me what a "good guy" he is, how caring and how deep. I was very moved by all they had to say because it showed me all the more that he's a great guy.

9 Comments:

  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger lucy4 said…

    He seems like a nice guy. He's not the type of guy I had envisioned you with in our early 20's but he might be your type of guy now in your 30's. Good luck with finding the right guy.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Kathy said…

    I can't imagine being with any one of my dumb early 20s picks! Or even the ones from my early 30s (except Elias who won me over when I was 33)!

    Nathan is cute! And you have church and friends in common. There must me more, but I can understand if he passes on heavy metal.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger RV3 said…

    Ditto to what Lucy and Kathy said....

    I am glad to read that your new friend is beloved by his peers. So now let me publicly say that Wendy is also loved and respected by her family and friends. She is loved by those in her church and those outside of it! Miss Wendy is a keeper!!!

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    "A keeper"is exactly what the minister's wife said of Nathan. (She's known him "since his inception"- her words- meaning his conversion 6 yrs. ago) Thank you guys for all your warm wishes, sweet compliments and encouraging words. I'm happy that Elias and Andy have found 2 such beautiful and smart women & I am sure someone out there will take notice of the great heart of my dear Rafi.
    *PS Nathan doesn't altogether pass on metal AND he likes Royksopp too, and I did get him to try unagi though he's more of a sandwich guy.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    Wait! He's not a republican, is he?

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Spleengrrl said…

    That's so funny!

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger waldocarmona said…

    Bang that head that doesnt bang. Isn't that the great metal motto?? Now how do you make the sign of the devil horns on a computer?

    :-)

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger lucy4 said…

    |..|, <----Though here in TX, it's also for HOOK 'EM HORNS!

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger waldocarmona said…

    LOL you're right Lucy

    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m214/Alisqt22/BlackMetalBeavisButthead.jpg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home