themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Back to Sunny Arizona

Well, I'm headed for McCain country. Sort of, anyway....I'm off to Arizona tomorrow at noon- God willing- and today I have spent time preparing. I went to get a manicure and pedicure and the flat-screen TVs at the nail spa had CNN on. There was a lot of celebrating going on today, including in Obama, Japan, where people apparently supported Preside-Elect Obama for no other discernable reason than his name. (I was certainly glad to have been a part of making history!)

Apparently it's still quite warm in Arizona. I am going with my friend Heather and her boyfriend Diego. They are staying in different houses from one another, needless to say (since they are Christians), but I am staying in yet another household myself. Two of my sisters-in-Christ whom I've never met are putting me up for a few days. They live closer to my friend Nathan and he is, after all, the reason I am going at all. When we get to Arizona on Thursday, he's meeting us and I will probably go with him to his Bible study group, which meets Thursday nights. I'm not sure if I will have a chance to change or not. Since we're driving out there I plan to be very comfortable, probably in either denim capris or an oversized Superman t-shirt I just got from Nick.

Friday I will probably alone most of the day. Everyone will be at work. That night, however, I will don my brand-new purple Esley dress I got in Little Tokyo and Heather, Diego, Nathan and I will go to a mixer. I know there's an art walk and I am not sure what else is in the plan. Saturday Nathan will pick me up around noon and we will go to a festival with hot air balloons and food and entertainment. We will also have dinner on that night. Saturday is our date. Sunday, of course, is church. I will be going to Nathan's church service and because Heather is staying an hour away she will attend our church's services in that area. At some point we will meet up....I'm not sure who is driving me or picking me up for this. Maybe Nathan will drive me. I just know parting will be hard. Ah, well. I am not sure what the future holds but I know that we cherish each other's friendship.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home