themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Monday, November 17, 2008

Love at the Door

UPS came to the door an hour ago. (I'm off today because I worked Saturday.) It was a small package addressed to me. This was inside:


The bracelet you see dangling from my tiny wrist sports SHINING LIKE STARS and Philippians 2:15 (which reads "so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe"). These bracelets were handed out at the big Sunday service in Arizona on the last day of the retreat. I saw Nathan from above (I was sitting in balcony seats) and followed him. It was kind of a mob scene for the glow-in-the-dark bracelets and he said, "I can get you one. I'll give it to you when you come back down." (I had told him I needed to go back up to make sure I didn't lose track of my ride.) Well, it took forever so when I did come down, he was gone or I couldn't find him. He told me later on that he got me one but didn't see me and didn't want to hang on to two of them because they were short on them so he gave it to someone. He also said he didn't wear his, though it was a special memento and it just hung on his wall.

The box also had a card in which lovely thoughts were expressed. You should see my face! I bet I look really goofy.....

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home