themagdalenespirit

My prolific musings on life, faith, and The Box of Life (television)

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sweet Squeeze

Wore the purple dress again today, exactly a week later. We had our annual "Thanksgiving" Foster Parent Appreciation Luncheon today. The dress was a smash hit and the event kind of flew by. Sometimes it seems interminable.

What is really going to be interminable are the next three months because that's at least how long I've got to wait until I see Nate again, since he's going to Virginia to see his dad and stepmom for his vaction (which had already been planned). He's now looking at February as the earliest time he can get out here. He said he'd like to be here for Valentine's Day and when I asked what he wanted to do here, he said, "Spend quality time with Wendy." I'm all for that! He is definitely a good friend to be around.

Actually, a good friend of mine said to me last night that she has family in Arizona and that if she goes over there to see them I can come along. I said Sure, when? And she said, "For Thanksgiving." While that's a very tempting offer, seeing him twice in one month, I wonder if it would be overkill? I'd have to feel that one out, don't want to make him feel chased after. I don't have this anticipation about it because I have a feeling she probably won't even go. But she did say she'd like to take me there and meet him, if not now then in January. So I may see him pretty soon yet! Meanwhile, we'll just continue calling and texting and writing letters. I got one from him next day after I got back and he had written that my being there was for him like "a surprise birthday party or Christmas in November." How sweet! For me it was like a warm hug. Oh, and thank you God! Thanks for all my warm hugs.....

1 Comments:

  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Kathy said…

    One word. Southwest. Start investing. Start rationalizing -- tickets cost the same as a few meals out, a pair of nice shoes, etc.

    After 8 trips, you'll get one free.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home